When Dinosaurs Conquered the Skies is an exquisitely illustrated exploration of how dinosaurs evolved flight and eventually became the birds we live with today.
What are birds, and where did they come from? Discover fascinating facts about bird evolution, including:
- How the oldest bird fossils are about 150 million years old.
- That birds evolved from a group of meat-eating dinosaurs called theropods. That’s the same group that Tyrannosaurus Rex belonged to, although birds evolved from small theropods.
- How these ancient birds looked quite a lot like small, feathered dinosaurs and they had much in common. Their mouths still contained sharp teeth.
- That over time, birds lost their teeth and evolved beaks.
And more! The story of bird evolution is fascinating, and When Dinosaurs Conquered the Skies explores this incredible history in a digestible, accessible way. This book from the successful Incredible Evolution series proves that fact can definitely be stranger and more exciting than fiction! Can you imagine coming face-to-face with a toothy pigeon?!
- 64 pages
- For readers ages 8 - 12 years
- Written by Jingmai O'Connor, illustrated Maria Brzozowska